«

»

Print this Post

Hastings Kitchen Fire

Several units from the Hastings Fire Department responded to an apartment fire on Cannon Street that took place just before noon on Thursday, April 12th. According to Assistant Fire and EMS Director John Townsend, the fire was located in the kitchen as some food was left unattended on the stove causing damage to the area around the vent and walls of the room. The apartment was filled with smoke and other residents of the complex were evacuated safely, according to the report. The resident had fallen asleep and was exposed to the smoke, requiring treatment for smoke inhalation. There were no other injuries reported and residents were allowed to return to their homes. Townsend was also asked if there were working smoke alarms in the dwelling at the time.

Click here for audio


Townsend declined to give an estimate on the amount of damage sustained by the fire.

Click here for audio

   

Permanent link to this article: http://kdwa.com/2018/04/hastings-kitchen-fire/

Leave a Reply