The Hastings Fire Department was called to the 1300 block of North Frontage Road at approximately 9:20 PM on Monday night in response to a grease fire in an apartment kitchen. Hastings Assistant Fire Chief Chris Paulson described the scene.
Crews were on the scene from 9:36 to 10:37, and there were no injuries or deaths reported in the incident. Damage estimates came in at a combined $125,000 for property and contents. In all, the Hastings Fire Department responded to 7 calls for service for the week ending March 21st.